Aunt Emma's Never Fail Pie Crust

3 c sifted flour
1 1/4 c Shortening
1 tsp salt
1 egg, well beaten
5 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp vinegar

Cut shortening into flour and salt.
Combine egg, water, and vinegar in a separate bowl.
Pour liquid into flour mixture all at once. Blend with spoon until flour is all moistened.
It can be re-rolled without toughening. Will keep in refrigerator for two weeks or divide into balls enough for one pie and wrap in Saran wrap and freeze indefinitely.

Makes 2 crusts

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

So what am I going to do now?

Long time, no blog. Not that I haven't been cooking along with the French Fridays with Dorie crowd, well, barely cooking.  Somehow lost my Dorie cooking mojo what with the failed onion soup, and then... I can't even remember now what happened.  Other things took priority: Took a vacation, had to clean house, oh I think I had to wash my hair too.

I'm workin' on gettin' it back, People!!

Okay so here I go.

Thank you for your patience.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment